Wednesday, October 25, 2023

New book!

I'm very pleased to share the news that I've signed a contract for my fifth book, Running with Pirates, a memoir about fatherhood that is set on the Greek island of Corfu.

Running with Pirates tells two stories separated by thirty years, one of strange and wonderful experiences in Corfu when I was eighteen, and the other of a return I made to Corfu last year accompanied by my family. 

It tells of the debts that I left behind when I was young, and how I might best pay them back all this time later, when my own sons are reaching the very age I was then. And so, it's a book for them, or us: a story I am telling my sons as a way of reflecting on fatherhood and our relationships.

Running with Pirates will be published by UQP in August 2024.

Signing the contract for Running with Pirates

With UQP publishing director Madonna Duffy and marketing and publicity manager Jean Smith

The village of Karousades, Corfu