Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Avid Party

On Friday 23 November I'll be guest author and reader at Avid Reader Bookshop's annual Christmas party, a bit of a Brisbane institution now in its fifteenth year. As you'd expect, this is at least in part a bookish affair, with the shop set to launch its summer reading guide and four staff presenting their picks for the year. The event is free, but you should register here or by phone, on (07) 3846 3422.

And on Saturday 1 December I'll at Avid Reader again, this time alongside Benjamin Law and Wesley Enoch reading picutre books as part of the launch of the store's children's summer reading guide. I expect I'll need all the training that my own two boys have given me. More details here.


(My sons Finnur and Magnus inspect Brisbane's Christmas tree and Santa's postbox, 2011)