Friday, August 19, 2022

An evening and a dawn in Corfu Town

Yesterday, I flew to Corfu, where I'm doing some research for my next project. 

Most of my time will be spent in the north of the island, where the story I'm writing takes place. But I punctuated my journey there with an evening in the island's main town, aptly named Corfu Town. I landed in the afternoon and went for a long walk. The next day, as always when I have jet lag, I woke very early and went for another another one, and so I got to see the town both as the sun dimmed and in time for when it rose again. 

While these in-between moments of the day sometimes share a palette of orange, pink, light blue, and fading yellow, on this occasion the sunset was quite gentle and clear; the sunrise, with the town facing east, much more definite in affecting not only the quality of the light but also in deepening the colours in the buildings, many of which are already painted in the colour of indirect sunlight.


Dawn



Evening